We believe in one God, the Father Almighty;
Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only begotten Son of God,
Begotten of the Father before all worlds;
God of God, Light of Light,
Very God of Very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one substance with the Father;
By whom all things were made;
Who, for us men and for our salvation,
Came down from heaven,
And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary,
And was made man;
And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered and was buried;
And the third day he rose again,
According to the Scriptures;
And ascended into heaven,
And sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
And he shall come again, with glory,
To judge both the quick and the dead;
Whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life;
Who proceedeth from the Father [and the Son];
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified;
Who spoke by the prophets.
And we believe in one holy catholic [i.e. universal] and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins [i.e. baptism is a sign and seal of God’s promise to forgive the sins of those who trust in Christ];
And we look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
I believe in God the Father Almighty
maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
and born of the Virgin Mary,
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit;
one holy Church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting. Amen.
1. There is one God,1 who is infinitely perfect,2 existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.3
2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man.4 He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.5 He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.6 He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest.7 He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.8
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell,9 guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.10
4. The Old and New Testament, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.11
5. Humankind, originally created in the image and likeness of God,12 fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.13 The destiny of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment, but that of the believer is everlasting joy and bliss.14
6. Salvation has been provided only through Jesus Christ. Those who repent and believe in Him are united with Christ through the Holy Spirit and are thereby regenerated (born again), justified, sanctified and granted the gift of eternal life as adopted children of God.15
7. It is the will of God that in union with Christ each believer should be sanctified thoroughly16 thereby being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to God, receiving power for holy living and sacrificial and effective service toward the completion of Christ’s commission.17 This is accomplished through being filled with the Holy Spirit which is both a distinct event and progressive experience in the life of the believer.18
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil as taught in the Scriptures are privileges for the Church in this present age.19
9. The universal Church, of which Christ is the Head, consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and commissioned by Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations.20 The local church, the visible expression of the universal Church, is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together to worship God, to observe the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to pray, to be edified through the Word of God, to fellowship, and to testify in word and deed to the good news of salvation both locally and globally. The local church enters into relationships with other like-minded churches for accountability, encouragement and mission.21
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;22 for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.23
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible.24 As the believer’s blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and sacrificial service toward the completion of Christ’s commission.25
1Isaiah 44:6; 45:5-6
2Matthew 5:48; Deuteronomy 32:4
3Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19
4Philippians 2:6-11; Hebrews 2:14-18; Colossians 2:9
5Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:35
61 Corinthians 15:3-5; 1 John 2:2; Acts 13:39
7Hebrews 4:14-15; 9:24-28
8Matthew 25:31-34; Acts 1:11
10John 16:7-11; 1 Corinthians 2:10-12
112 Timothy 3:16; 2 peter 1:20-21
13Romans 8:8; 1 John 2:2
14Matthew 25:41-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10
15Titus 3:5-7; Acts 2:38; John 1;12; 1 Corinthians 6:11
161 Thessalonians 5:23
18Romans 12:1-2; Gal. 5:16-25
19Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:13-16
20Ephesians 3:6-12; 1:22-23
21Acts 2:41-47; Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 11:19-30; 15
221 Corinthians 15:20-23
232 Thessalonians 1:7-10
241 Thessalonians 4:13-17
251 Corinthians 1:7; Titus 2:11-14; Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20