1. As you read this Psalm, what words do you identify most with? Why?
2. What is your current posture towards God?
3. What practices or habits in your daily life express a posture of welcome and surrender towards God?
4. Can you identify any practices or habits that foster (perhaps unknowingly or unintentionally) a resistance towards God?
5. Identify the current ‘miry pit’ that you feel stuck in, whether that ‘pit’ is a difficult circumstance or a feeling of being overtaken by sin in your life.
6. What characteristics of God described in this Psalm bring you the most encouragement right now? Why?
7. What experience of God's work in your life (or the life of someone else) comes to mind when you read verse 3? "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD."